Symbolism of Opal jewellery: Hope, Love, Protection, Luck, and Transformation
Posted on July 18 2023
Opals have held significant symbolism throughout history and across various cultures. Here are some common meanings associated with opals:
1. Hope and Inspiration: Opals have long been associated with hope and inspiration. They are believed to stimulate creativity and imagination, making them a symbol of inspiration for artists and writers.
2. Love and Passion: Opals are often seen as symbols of love and passion. They are believed to intensify emotions and strengthen relationships. In ancient Rome, opals were associated with love and fidelity.
3. Protection and Healing: Opals are thought to have protective properties, shielding the wearer from negative energies and harm. They are also believed to enhance emotional healing and provide comfort during times of grief or sadness.
4. Luck and Fortune: Opals have been considered lucky gemstones in many cultures. They are believed to bring good fortune, prosperity, and success to the wearer.
5. Transformation and Renewal: Opals are often associated with transformation and renewal. They are believed to help individuals navigate through life's changes and transitions, promoting personal growth and spiritual development.
It's important to note that symbolism can vary depending on cultural beliefs and personal interpretations. Ultimately, the symbolism of opals can hold personal significance to each individual wearer.